welcome to obituary! register your name (first and last) in all lowercase. we are a rapidfire shipper-app site site set in the united states following a viral outbreak. it is currently march, 2015, and fairly cold outside. the majority of survivors should be dressed as warmly as possible and find some sort of shelter to sleep in besides a tent due to high winds at night. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact one of the admins via either private message or instant message.

Add Reply
New Poll

emotions run deep., #charlotte as ellie
ASHER WILLIAMS
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 01:14 PM
15 posts
twenty-nine
guardian
nomadic
single

coursing through the veins
asher was anxious to see ellie. spencer had let him be, leaving him outside of the daycare center to go in alone. he'd told asher that ellie should be just wrapping up some stuff and insisted he wouldn't be a disturbance and taken aubrey to make her something to eat. that'd been nearly ten minutes ago. he stood outside the door, contemplating what he'd say. what he'd do. he could feel her emotions through the door, clearer than he could hear her moving around inside. he knew he'd be overwhelmed when he finally stepped through. asher took a deep breath, then reached for the door knob and slowly stepped inside. "kids are quite the workload, huh?" he mused, digging his hands into his pockets. what an amazing greeting, he thought to himself. "hey, stranger." that probably wasn't much better.
PM
^
eleanor williams
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 07:00 PM
76 posts
twenty-seven
daycare center worker
bellagio
married

waiting for news of who had returned to the hotel was always nerve-wracking - especially when spencer was involved. she never got too distracted, of course; the children demanded her attention, and she was more than happy to forget her troubles as she soothed charlie, or read to them at story time. once news got back that spencer had returned safe and sound from his short walk though, she was always quick to change her shift, a wide grin on her face at the thought of seeing spencer again. but the voice from the doorway made her still, and she whirled around - eyes wide, charlie on her hip - as a strangled cry escaped her lips. she could hear her replacement mutter something about security but she just whispered back no, i know him. and then she moved, half in a daze, finally stopping before asher as if afraid to touch him. "yeah ... yeah they are. ash ... oh my god. you're alive." she whimpered, already trembling slightly. but her face broke into a grin, and she pulled him forward for a tight hug, keeping charlie between them as she tried her best not to cry, her mind a confusing jumble of emotions and thoughts and things she needed to say so bad but couldn't find the words to.
PM
^
ASHER WILLIAMS
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 10:30 PM
15 posts
twenty-nine
guardian
nomadic
single

almost immediately, asher felt the rush of emotions hit him like a wave. he tried not to cringe or wince, but it was already giving him a mild headache. between ellie's emotions, and his own, his head was beginning to feel a little light. he broke out into a wide smile, though, as she did. he looked down at the small child in her arms, swallowing hard. was that charlie? it had to be. he hugged her back tightly, swallowing hard as he tried to find his voice again. as he tried not to break down and cry. "you're alive, too. and spencer. and kitty. and is this charlie?" he pulled back from the hug, looking down at the child again. asher could feel his head blurring, completely and entirely overwhelmed with all of the emotions swirling around him. he wasn't used to being in the company of so many people. he could feel almost all of them - ellie, her coworker, charlie, a few people in the various rooms down the hall. asher pinched the bridge of his nose, moving slowly towards a chair and sitting down. "sorry. i'm just.... i'm overwhelmed." he admitted, closing his eyes and trying to remember how to breathe.
PM
^
eleanor williams
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 11:10 PM
76 posts
twenty-seven
daycare center worker
bellagio
married

"yeah ... yeah we are. and yes, this is charlie. benjamin charles williams." she pulled back from the hug, sniffling and shuddering as she tried to keep her tears from falling (no such luck), and looking down at charlie simply because the sight of asher's face was too much at the moment. the baby stared up at asher, brown eyes wide in amazement, then giggled, reaching up for his uncle. ellie grinned, and looked up at asher - and froze, her face suddenly stricken. "ash? ash-" she paused mid-step as he stumbled over to a chair, a memory of something similar happening with another bellagio resident a while ago. quickly handing charlie over to her co-worker, she took a deep breath, standing in front of him and wringing her hands in nervousness. "i'm going to chance a guess and say, you're being overwhelmed with something right now," she laid her hands on his cheeks, barely flinching as she felt the slow twinge of pain in her head. "but i'm going to need you to relax, alright?" keeping her breathing steady she kept her hands there for a while more, frowning as the pain slowly grew to a headache. she let go before it got too bad, her face pale but a wide grin on her face as she let go of him. "that any better?"
PM
^
ASHER WILLIAMS
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 11:27 PM
15 posts
twenty-nine
guardian
nomadic
single

the headache had become almost debilitating. he was nowhere near used to being around so many people, and emotions ran so high in a god damn apocalypse. he could feel all of their anger, their happiness, their sadness, their confusion. he winced as it all came over him again and again, making him dizzy, even though he was sitting down and propped up by his own hands. at the sound of ellie's voice telling him to relax and her hands gracing his cheeks, he took a deep breath and slowly opened his eyes. after a few moments, he realized that his headache was dulling. he looked up at her, furrowing his brows. "much...." he mumbled, confused. it dawned on him after a moment, and he took her hands. "you're a healer." asher whispered, more to himself than to her.
PM
^
eleanor williams
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 11:37 PM
76 posts
twenty-seven
daycare center worker
bellagio
married

she grinned, relieved asher looked less tense. it wasn't going to be easy for him in the bellagio - sure they had a pretty cushy life in this place but emotions ran high nonetheless. she caught sight of her co-worker walking back to her with a bottle of gatorade in one hand and charlie in the other, and gratefully accepted the drink, gulping it down. "good. and yeah, i am. only one in the bellagio too, you're lucky you ran into me first." she took charlie back, smiling at the sight of him gurgling and continuing to try and reach for asher. still a little dazed, she sat down on the table, pressing her lips to charlie's forehead in a long kiss as the comforting smell of baby powder calmed her frazzled nerves. she frowned, as something occurred to her. "wait. why are you even here - did spence bring you?" her throat suddenly went dry as a horrible thought flashed through her mind. "a-are you alone?"
PM
^
ASHER WILLIAMS
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 11:57 PM
15 posts
twenty-nine
guardian
nomadic
single

asher took a few more deep breaths, the headache eventually easing away almost entirely. he let go of her hands as she was handed charlie again, biting his lip. he smiled softly, reaching out a hand to the small boy and letting his tiny fingers wrap around one of his arm. "i mean... uh." he tilted his head to the side. "spencer found me. kind of. aubrey and i were hiding out in an old apartment building." he told him, running a hand through his hair with a small sigh. "so he brought me back here. aubrey's with him. he's making her lunch." asher added in, diverting his gaze downward. not that it mattered if he couldn't see the look in ellie's eyes when she realized that ethan hadn't survived. "neighbors down the hall must be having an argument.... i can feel... their anger." he added in as an odd afterthought. he was having a hard time focusing on anything other than all of the emotions swirling around him - there were so many, and they were all so different. he took another deep breath, looking at charlie again.
PM
^
eleanor williams
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 12:40 AM
76 posts
twenty-seven
daycare center worker
bellagio
married

aubrey was here? for a second she perked up, grateful that her niece had survived - then a chill ran through her, at the realization that ethan hadn't survived. she tried to keep her emotions from running high again - she didn't want to overwhelm asher once more - but an indescribable sadness seemed to settle into her stomach. she held charlie a little tighter, watching him curl his fingers tight around asher's hand. "did he? good, that's ... did you see? the wings. aren't they magnificent." she murmured, blinking back her tears. she'd buried her grief with her family, decided to remember them and leave it at that, to not grieve for too long because she had kitty and charlie to focus on now; but the thought of ethan - no. no. no, she had to keep herself under control. she fell silent, blood rushing through her ears. focus. "are they? they do argue a lot. need to ask archer about shifting them to another room, it's such a pain during naptime." she managed a grin, pushing her worry to the back of her mind for now. when asher was ready to talk, he would talk; for now, she wasn't going to push him. "so ... an old apartment building? were you guys ... i mean, there from the start of all this?" she kept her gaze trained on him, trying to seek out the faintest lines of worry or pain on his face. she could dull physical pain - but not emotional, and it only worried her all the more.
PM
^
ASHER WILLIAMS
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 06:42 PM
15 posts
twenty-nine
guardian
nomadic
single

asher smiled softly as ellie asked him about spencer's wings, nodding slightly. "they're amazing, that's for sure. aubrey was speechless." he said quietly, still looking at charlie and smiling as he giggled and cooed. he waved his finger around a bit, making the baby giggle even more, like it was some fun game. he glanced back up at ellie, focusing for a moment on her. he could feel the sadness emitting from her, like a smell or something he could reach out and touch. no matter how hard he tried to explain to people how he could sense their emotions, he could never get it just right. it was like it's own sixth sense, but it also tied in with his other senses. sometimes he could literally feel it at his fingertips, or smell it, or taste it on the tip of his tongue. and sometimes, he could even see it. it was hard for him sometimes, especially now, with so many emotions around him. asher pulled his thoughts away from all of the other emotions clouding around and focused on ellie's sadness, slowly twisting it into a calm, peaceful happiness. "we made our way here from los angeles. we, uh.... we have a few different places around las vegas that we've been alternating between to stay safe. only been in the area for maybe three weeks. a month, possibly." he replied softly, leaning back in his chair slightly, a little more relaxed now that he had grown temporarily adjusted to the emotions and ellie's had been soothed. he hoped that she wouldn't notice that he had manipulated her feelings like that - asher knew sometimes it wouldn't rub people quite right.

PM
^
eleanor williams
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 07:27 PM
76 posts
twenty-seven
daycare center worker
bellagio
married

“breath-taking, for sure.” she whispered, not trusting herself to speak any louder lest her voice tremble and crack to betray the sadness that still ran through her. her emotions had been running so high for the past few weeks, and she’d chalked it up to post-pregnancy hormones but that didn’t really solve anything. she kept her eyes on charlie, managing a sad smile as asher played with the baby. trying to shake the quaver in her voice away, she closed her eyes and took deep breaths. if asher could sense her emotions, she definitely wasn’t helping him feel better. slowly, the sadness seemed to seep away, leaving her calmer, happier. pleased with herself, she opened her eyes, nodding absentmindedly to asher’s words. “we came here from LA too, just before charlie was born … i guess technically we stole the rental car since we never returned it but. that kind of thing doesn’t really matter now does it.” she grinned, a little bit of that cheeky light returning to her eyes as she spoke. she worried her lip, catching the tail end of asher’s words. “it's actually really safe here, you know. i mean, if you want somewhere more permanent or secure but … emotions can run high here. it’s cushy but it’s not ideal, of course.” she fell silent, unsure of what to say and still a little shaken by all this. “not that … there’s really an ideal place in a situation like this. but if you guys want to stay a while, or just … stop by now and then i’m sure archer would be alright with that." she rocked charlie as he began to fuss, shifting her chair a little closer towards asher. "do you uh, want to carry him?"
PM
^
ASHER WILLIAMS
 Posted: Mar 17 2015, 09:49 PM
15 posts
twenty-nine
guardian
nomadic
single

he felt a relief wash over him as she seemed to take the calm in stride. he was almost certain that if she realized that it had been him, manipulating her emotions, deceiving her, she'd be furious with him. or at least upset. most people would be, he figured. but sometimes it was hard for him not to manipulate other's emotions. he didn't want the people around him to be upset or angry or sad, but he knew it was difficult to be happy and calm in the midst of an apocalypse. "we.... borrowed a few cars along the way ourselves." he said with a quiet chuckle. "yeah it seems very..... fortified." he murmured, rubbing his neck now. asher looked up as she asked if he wanted to hold charlie, and he nodded eagerly. "of course. i'd. i'd love to." he replied with a small smile, taking charlie from her delicately and rocking him gently. he looked back up at ellie, silently soothing the child in his arms. it didn't take nearly as much effort as it had with ellie, but he could feel all of the effort from today wearing him thin. asher was exhausted, and it was beginning to show. "i... i want to stay here. i do. i don't know. maybe if it was okay, aubrey could stay here. with you. and spencer. i'll visit often, sometimes stay the night but there's just... there's too much emotion here for me to handle all at once." he could already feel his headache coming back, and he let out a heavy sigh. "i don't want to leave her but you're right. it's a hell of a lot safer here than anywhere out there."
PM
^
eleanor williams
 Posted: Mar 18 2015, 07:56 AM
76 posts
twenty-seven
daycare center worker
bellagio
married

“archer picked a good place to set up base camp. it’s almost like a holiday, really. almost.” her smile was wry; some days did seem idyllic, swimming in the pool or lounging in the front yard. then she’d be called to the infirmary because someone had tripped and sprained an ankle during a run, and it was an all too stark reminder that there were things going on outside the hotel walls. things she didn’t even witness first-hand, but was still privy to the gruesome truth of. she hesitated before handing charlie off, even though she’d been the one to suggest it. but once he settled into asher’s arms and immediately begin to smile, her brows rose up in shock. “it usually takes him longer to calm down when he’s fussy, you’re really good with him … and i’m sure we can work something out. archer gave us a really big suite, there’s definitely space for audrey there.” and you. she bit back the words, understanding fully well why asher was even considering the painful option of being (somewhat) separated from audrey. she slowly reached across to take his hand, concentrating just enough to keep the level of pain even between them. it really was terrible - the thought of how excruciating it was for him without her interference was terrifying. “you can make trips here, now and then. maybe archer could find some place for you in the surrounding area so you wouldn’t be too far away.” she murmured, frowning as her mind began to run through all of the possible options. she had her own reservations too - about whether audrey would even be okay with this; about the dangers of having asher both so close yet so far.
PM
^
ASHER WILLIAMS
 Posted: Mar 18 2015, 09:40 PM
15 posts
twenty-nine
guardian
nomadic
single

asher nodded in agreement. "that he did." he mused quietly. the place was well-kept, he'd noticed, too. it was clean, and like a lot of the buildings around, nature hadn't quite begun to take it back. "it's beautiful. aubrey loves it already." he whispered, more to himself than to her. he let out a small sigh, looking down at charlie. he was so peaceful now, so beautiful. asher smiled softly to himself, moving a small patch of hair out of his eyes. "i talked to archer briefly when i first came in with spencer. i told him i would swing by to talk to him after i'm done here. told him it might be a while. i'm sure he understands." he replied, smiling slightly as he glanced up at her. "it is such a god damn relief to see you all alive." his gaze turned downwards again, chuckling softly at her words. "guess i'm just a natural with kids, maybe." so she had no idea that it was him manipulating their emotions. he nodded slightly. "i would really appreciate it. if you guys would keep aubrey with you. and i'll join her here eventually, just.... not right away." asher mumbled, frowning slightly. of course he would feel horrible if he left aubrey here. but it was so much safer for her. and he was good at surviving. besides, he would visit as frequently as he could physically handle. it wouldn't be too bad, right?
PM
^
eleanor williams
 Posted: Mar 20 2015, 08:19 PM
76 posts
twenty-seven
daycare center worker
bellagio
married

her eyes drifted down to charlie, who was smiling up at them, still giggling but more content and relaxed than she’d seen him for a while. her eyes flickered back up to asher, her gaze curious and wondering. was it part of his ability? or did he just have some innate way with babies she’d never really gotten to see before? either way, she couldn’t really fault him for it, so she bit her tongue and kept that question for another time. “you’ve spoken to him already? good, good … yeah he’ll understand. he’s probably why we’re alive,” she laughed; her grip on asher’s hand tightened briefly, and she winced at the brief spike in pain, then her hold relaxed once more, “i think no one else would have taken in a family of three … with one almost on the way. but archer did ... we have a lot to thank him for.” she fell silent, contemplating the events of the past few months. had it really not even been two months since they’d arrived? “we definitely can i think kitty would enjoy having her cousin around. spence and i run the daycare here, there’s a few other kids running around aubrey could play with.” she rubbed the back of his hand, unsure of what else to say. “but be safe, ash. come back often … and come back regularly.” so i’ll know if you miss a day. she felt her voice catch in her throat, and coughed. “actually i think maybe kitty’s woken up from her nap by now do you want me to get her? i’m sure she’d love to see her uncle ash again.” she grinned and gestured to a door behind them - the infirmary was right next to the daycare; something she’d insisted on after her powers had come to light.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION.