welcome to obituary! register your name (first and last) in all lowercase. we are a rapidfire shipper-app site site set in the united states following a viral outbreak. it is currently march, 2015, and fairly cold outside. the majority of survivors should be dressed as warmly as possible and find some sort of shelter to sleep in besides a tent due to high winds at night. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact one of the admins via either private message or instant message.

Add Reply
New Poll

more than i should., open!
charlie o'reilly
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 12:03 AM
23 posts
thirty one
medic
paradise
single

Charlie took his finger off the trigger and held his arms out at his sides, a playful surrender. He had no intention of shooting a living person. Not that he hadn't in the past— the living were doing terrible things to stay alive these days, even if they wanted to be dead— but he was safe in Paradise with his brother and his two best friends, and he wasn't looking to mess that up. Most days, Charlie wasn't exactly sure what the rules were, nor was he positive every time that he stepped over a line that it wouldn't end in banishment. But he tried to keep himself relatively in the box whose walls were at least clearly constructed from him. Shooting other members of the compound? Probably not a rule he should mess with, even if the parameters weren't clearly set. (Showed how shitty the world had become, that murder wasn't always a punishable offense.)

"I could ask you the same thing, you know. You're out here all by yourself and everything." Charlie was a large man with a large dog circling at his heels, and a semi-automatic weapon. Kendra might have her arrows, but if she got caught in a ring of zombies, those wouldn't help her a lick. "I'm looking for baby stuff. Diapers. Sippy cups. A stroller. Even some spare clothes would be nice." He rubbed the back of his neck with a shrug of broad shoulders. "I kind of forgot that kids need a lot of stuff."

im an idiot and edited this out instead of quoting it...
PM
^
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 11:32 PM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

kendra had gone out to find the bookstore again. another medic had relieved her of her duties for a couple of hours and while it had been originally her plan to try and sleep for a couple of hours, it was obvious after only twenty minutes that sleep wasn't going to happen. so she'd set out to find the bookstore nearby and grab a few more books to read over the next couple of weeks.

she ducked through a side street to avoid confrontation with a lone zombie, watching her feet to make sure she didn't make any noise by accident. she looked around, admiring the way that the buildings looked - covered in moss and being taken back by mother nature. it was hauntingly beautiful, really. kendra got lost in the beauty of it all for a moment, and cringed as she heard and felt her foot crunch over some broken glass. she looked around to check her surroundings, gasping as she saw a male pointing a gun at her. she put a hand over her mouth, but then relaxed as she realized who it was.

a sigh of relief left her lips and she chuckled weakly. "you almost shot me." she echoed him quietly, tucking some loose strands of hair behind her ear. "what are you doing out here, charlie?" she asked, keeping her voice low and tilting her head to the side slightly.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
charlie o'reilly
 Posted: Mar 17 2015, 10:40 AM
23 posts
thirty one
medic
paradise
single

Charlie took his finger off the trigger and held his arms out at his sides, a playful surrender. He had no intention of shooting a living person. Not that he hadn't in the past— the living were doing terrible things to stay alive these days, even if they wanted to be dead— but he was safe in Paradise with his brother and his two best friends, and he wasn't looking to mess that up. Most days, Charlie wasn't exactly sure what the rules were, nor was he positive every time that he stepped over a line that it wouldn't end in banishment. But he tried to keep himself relatively in the box whose walls were at least clearly constructed from him. Shooting other members of the compound? Probably not a rule he should mess with, even if the parameters weren't clearly set. (Showed how shitty the world had become, that murder wasn't always a punishable offense.)

"I could ask you the same thing, you know. You're out here all by yourself and everything." Charlie was a large man with a large dog circling at his heels, and a semi-automatic weapon. Kendra might have her arrows, but if she got caught in a ring of zombies, those wouldn't help her a lick. "I'm looking for baby stuff. Diapers. Sippy cups. A stroller. Even some spare clothes would be nice." He rubbed the back of his neck with a shrug of broad shoulders. "I kind of forgot that kids need a lot of stuff."

PM
^
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 17 2015, 01:19 PM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

kendra shrugged, then nodded slightly. she supposed he had a point. she had her bow and arrows, sure, and a baseball bat in her hand, but it was nothing compared to the weapon and build that charlie had. not to mention his dog. but kendra was quiet, rarely drew too much attention to herself. she was good at being sneaky. she bit her lip, thinking for a moment before tilting her head. "there's a bookstore a couple of blocks from here. that's where i'm headed. pretty sure there's a baby store on the same block." she told him, walking towards him - careful not to step on anymore of the broken glass. "might as well stick together, right?" she suggested, leaning down to give charlie's dog a few pats on the head, smiling softly. she was quite fond of animals, especially her friend's dog.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
charlie o'reilly
 Posted: Mar 18 2015, 07:16 PM
23 posts
thirty one
medic
paradise
single

Charlie had often seen the young redhead disappear with a book tucked under her arm. He envied that in other people, that interest in knowledge, in reading. Before his mother's death with sent a final blow to the fractured pieces of Charlie's childhood, he had a dream of becoming a biology teacher, just like the woman who had saved him at his high school from suspension or worse. But the cards never really laid out the way he wanted them to, and he ended up forgoing a four-year degree in favor of an associate's from the local community college in Carson City. Looking back, he didn't know if he was studious enough for a teaching certificate. Perhaps if he had been given the chance to sit down and study instead of spending his nights with his guard up, waiting for another beating, he might have been a better student, a more dedicated reader. But Charlie wasn't about asking too many What Ifs.

Sadie leaned into the pet but stayed tight at Charlie's heels. Since he had rescued her and nursed her back to health, she'd been lapping loyally at his heels. When he shut her up in his room so he could get work done, she whimpered and clawed at the door. Sadie didn't like being without her owner. "Sure. I'd love to go shopping with you, Kendra," Charlie teased, holstering his gun. The streets were clean of zombies, and since they had a pretty clean vantage point on the rest of the street, he knew he'd be able to draw with plenty of time if one showed itself. "After you," he said with a gesture.

"What book are you looking for?"

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION.