welcome to obituary! register your name (first and last) in all lowercase. we are a rapidfire shipper-app site site set in the united states following a viral outbreak. it is currently march, 2015, and fairly cold outside. the majority of survivors should be dressed as warmly as possible and find some sort of shelter to sleep in besides a tent due to high winds at night. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact one of the admins via either private message or instant message.

Add Reply
New Poll

SHADOW OF THE DAY, #open
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 02:22 PM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

kendra wandered around the outskirts, searching for a small boutique she'd found before - normally she was decent with navigation and had a good sense of direction, but for some reason, her memory was failing her. her clothes were beginning to become a bit ripped and worn, and she wanted a few new sets to get her by for the next few weeks. being a medic, they'd also become stained with blood and no matter how many times she tried to wash them, most of the stains seemed to be there for good. her bow and arrows was strapped to her back, although she knew she probably wouldn't use them. they weren't great for close-range. the petite redhead held a bat in her hands, and she knew it was horribly cliche, but it got the job done. it was heavy, and metal. one a professional might use. she crept as quietly as possible, constantly glancing around to make note of her surroundings.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
elijah mitchell
 Posted: Mar 18 2015, 11:05 PM
22 posts
TWENTY-EIGHT
GUARD
paradise
SINGLE

raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice
he'd been in las vegas for less than twenty-four hours, and already elijah was missing home. but it was much too late to go back, now. he'd already joined allegiances with some group called 'paradise,' and he didn't think they'd be pleased if he deserted them. besides, there was really no point in going home -- it wasn't even home anymore. the entire city had been overrun by the dead. at least here, he was among the living.

tracking along the outskirts of town, eli was doing his best to get his bearings - he'd never been to vegas before, and it was certainly an odd sight to see now that the outbreak had practically cleared out what was once a bustling city. the groups of the living that had taken over only extended so far, and the area he was currently meandering seemed to be deserted. he had half a mind to turn around and head back, before he had chance to run into a biter, but something a way down the road caught his eye.

at first, he figured it was just a mirage. he hadn't eaten more than a few morsels in over a month, so maybe the malnourishment was starting to get to him. but the longer he stared, the more real she seemed. could it really be his mind playing tricks on him? he had to find out. "KENDRA!" he called down the long road, hands cupped around his mouth to amplify his voice.

notes: if this were a movie, we'd be on the verge of a slow-mo running scene.
PM
^
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 12:03 AM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

kendra adjusted her leather gloves, making a face. they were hot, and making her hands clammy and sweaty, but they were a safety precaution. she wore them almost all the time. she didn't trust her temper, especially with her newly found profession. people trusted her to heal them, not poison them. she chewed on her lip, looking at all of the shop windows carefully. none of them were any she recognized. she let out a heavy sigh, looking around her and trying to figure out where she was.

she looked around for a street sign, finally locating one and then moving to grab a map she'd found on another solo supply run from her backpack. she opened it, finding the street she was supposedly on and inspecting the map to see if she could figure out where the heck she was and where the heck that clothing store was. she turned it a different way, hoping to figure it out when she was startled out of her concentrated state. someone had called her name. someone very human, and very much alive.

kendra turned, looking down the road at the figure standing down a block or two. she nearly dropped her things out of shock. that couldn't be. but it was. she stumbled towards him, still attempting to be quiet just in case there were any raiders or zombies around. "eli?" she called back, tears gathering in her eyes. she had to be dreaming. she was dreaming, wasn't she? she certainly hoped she wasn't. "eli." she whispered, stopping a few feet away from him. she didn't dare touch him, not with her emotions running so wild. her gloved hands were shaking, and she knew that if she took off her gloves, her hands would certainly be discolored due to the toxins they were forming.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
elijah mitchell
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 12:30 AM
22 posts
TWENTY-EIGHT
GUARD
paradise
SINGLE

her voice hit him like a ton of bricks, and he could feel his heart dropping in his chest at the sound of his name. eli. he hadn't heard anyone say his name since the day all of this began; and frankly, coming out of kendra's mouth, it sounded like an angel singing. he hadn't expected to ever see her again, but here she was, standing before him. in the flesh, and very much alive.

he didn't hesitate another moment; long legs carried him rapidly towards her, and he skidded to a stop just a few feet away from her. "god, it's really you," he said, reaching his arms out to touch her. he wanted to feel some skin-on-skin contact, just to know that this was really happening. that it wasn't all a dream.

but as he reached out to grasp her hands, he realized that they were covered with thick gloves. his fingers wrapped around hers anyway, and he pulled her in close to him, pressing his cheek against the top of her head. "i never thought i'd see you again," he muttered into her hair, before untangling her hands to grip her into a much-needed hug. "i'm so glad you're okay."

notes: <3
PM
^
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 12:43 AM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

kendra took a few deep breaths, trying hard to keep her emotions under control. she couldn't lose it - not now. the toxins had never managed to escape the protection of her gloves, but she'd never really dared to see if they would. she'd always just assumed. she'd regretted leaving him behind in reno, although it was clear he held no resentment towards her for that. but seeing him brought back a sharp guilt in her chest, and she swallowed hard.

as he reached for her, she took half a step back out of habit. she always kept her distance from most people, just to be safe. but then he was grabbing her hands anyway, and she let out a breath she'd been holding as she was pulled into him. it took her a moment to react, conflicted between hugging him tightly and never letting go, despite her fears or well... pushing him away for his own safety. but after a few moments, it was clear that nothing was happening to him. the gloves were keeping him protected.

kendra hugged him back tightly, burying her face in his shoulder as she listened to him whisper into her hair. "you're alive." she whispered, taking another deep breath. "and you're... you're okay?" she asked quietly, pulling back a bit to look up at him. after a moment of hesitation, she reached a hand up to cup his cheek, sniffling softly. she pulled it back after a moment, swallowing hard, realizing the hot leather might not feel so great on his skin in the heat.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
elijah mitchell
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 12:55 AM
22 posts
TWENTY-EIGHT
GUARD
paradise
SINGLE

his fingers wound through her hair, savoring the moment. to see a familiar face after all this time -- one that wasn't trying to eat his guts out -- was just about the most remarkable feeling he'd ever felt. for the first time in what seemed like forever, eli allowed himself to smile. the world had gone to shit, but at least he was granted this one thing, in the form of an old friend. he nodded down at her, "i'm okay," he responded. "pretty great now, actually." a genuine grin stretching across his cheeks. "i can't believe it's really you!"

he had so many questions, he almost didn't know where to begin. the gloves in particular were throwing him off, but he was sure they'd come around to that eventually. they had plenty of lost time to make up for, and it only seemed right for them to start at the very beginning. "how did you get out?" he asked, brow furrowing slightly to show her that he was serious. "have you been out here a long time?"

vegas was one of those places that eli and kendra had always talked about visiting together; after all, reno wasn't too far away; at least relatively. but he'd never imagined that being here together would be quite like this.

but with the relief he felt from finally seeing her again, and knowing she was okay, it was even better than he could have imagined.

PM
^
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 01:04 AM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

kendra reached a hand up, wiping her cheeks dry of the few tears that had escaped. she couldn't help but break out into a smile as he did - god it was so good to see that smile again. she took another deep breath, finally composing herself. "i can't believe.... you're here." what were the odds that they both had headed this direction? she bit her lip as he asked about how she'd gotten there, shrugging slightly. "i... drove here. some of the roads were blocked but i had an suv so i could drove off-road and when i ran out of gas, i was only a few miles from here." she explained quietly, biting her lip. "i figured maybe i could hole up in some apartment building or something. away from... well, everyone. and everything." her voice died out to barely a whisper over the last part, letting out a small sigh and looking down at her gloved hands.

"not long, no. maybe a month?" she answered, shaking her head and tilting it slightly to try and recall when she'd arrived in vegas. "how did you...? where were you? i tried to find you but i." she looked up at him again, swallowing hard. "i thought you were...." kendra trailed off, physically unable to speak the words out loud. it hurt too much. even with him standing there in front of her, very much alive, she couldn't bear to even think about him being dead. or worse - undead.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
elijah mitchell
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 01:18 AM
22 posts
TWENTY-EIGHT
GUARD
paradise
SINGLE

it was a wonder that either of them had made it this far at all. not that they had come a long way - on his journey here, eli had met a few small groups of people that had found their way to nevada from multiple states away. which had made him feel like a coward for the way he'd spent his first few weeks, but sometimes you just needed to do what you had to in order to survive.

eli nodded at her explanation - she was smart, for taking an SUV for the travel. in retrospect, that truck that he'd been working on would've served him well for at least a portion of the trip, though he hadn't been able to fix it entirely, since some of the parts he needed had been in a different garage. "i just got here last night," he noted, his fingers gripping tightly at the small of her back, as though if he stopped touching her she might disappear.

"i was in the garage when it happened--" he shrugged a shoulder, trying his best to remain nonchalant, even though images of his co-worker getting torn apart flashed before his eyes. "locked myself in and bunkered down for a couple of weeks. when it seemed like there wasn't anyone around, i made a break for it. ran most of the way here." as though running four hundred and fifty miles was a cakewalk - but eli no longer required basic human necessities, which meant that he didn't get tired out as easily anymore. running for long periods of time was of no concern to him.

biting down on the inside of his lip, eli shook his head starkly. "i'm not," he responded; there was no need for her to finish her sentence, he clearly knew what she meant. "i'm here now."

PM
^
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 01:30 AM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

kendra rather liked staying at paradise. sure, it could be tense at times, but she liked that she was helping people. it was scary and emotional to see so many people come and go - voluntarily and involuntarily. she'd seen more than a few people banished because of bites. unfortunately, bites were the one thing that neither her or any of the medics could cure. it was stressful, but she was thankful that she was so book smart. she had been an art teacher, after all, and that didn't really require much medical training. but nursing had been her fallback, and so kendra had read up on some first aid - just to be prepared. and thank god she had, otherwise she might've been entirely useless.

she frowned. she had thought of swinging by the garage to see if he was there, but it had felt too risky. suddenly, the guilt felt even heavier in her chest. she swallowed hard, listening to him in contemplative silence. "you.... you ran here? the entire way? elijah, that's.... that's nearly 500 miles...." kendra furrowed her brow, confused. and then it hit her. everyone had some sort of... supernatural ability, didn't they? her eyes widened slightly. "what do you... do you? do you have.... an ability? something that you can do that shouldn't be humanely possible?" she asked quietly, biting her lip.

she moved to bury her face in his shoulder again, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. inhaling him and nothing else because nothing else mattered for that moment. he was there. he was alive. and even though there were so many emotions swirling around her and so much confusion, she was beyond thrilled that he was alive.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
elijah mitchell
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 10:16 AM
22 posts
TWENTY-EIGHT
GUARD
paradise
SINGLE

there was no simple way to explain to someone how you woke up one day without the need to eat, or sleep, or breathe. it simply went against human nature, and elijah had wondered a few times whether perhaps he had some variation of the virus. he didn't feel dead, and he certainly didn't have any cravings to start ripping at people's flesh, but the way he was able to live without was so unnatural that it made him question whether or not he was human anymore. so when kendra reminded him how far he had come - on foot - in such a little amount of time, he didn't quite know what to say.

luckily, he didn't have to say anything. as he chewed on the inside of his cheek, she continued speaking, and his eyes widened as she seemed to read his mind. an ability? is that what they were calling it? "it's crazy," he finally responded. "it started around the same time everything else went down. i don't understand it."

he brought his arms around her again to cradle her as she stepped closer to him, burying her face into his shoulder. he was dirty, he knew - he had only taken the time to bathe a few times on his way here, and mostly in bodies of water he found; he hardly bothered to enter houses to attempt to find running water. but kendra didn't seem to mind his natural scent, and he wasn't about to keep her away: the physical contact was something he had missed. "what about you?" he asked cautiously. "do you have... you know, an ability?"

PM
^
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 10:38 AM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

kendra nodded, listening to him. "the dead began to walk, and the living.... you wouldn't believe some of the stuff people can do now." she looked down at her gloved hands again, swallowing hard. some of them were so dangerous, including hers. and some were just downright weird. she closed her eyes, inhaling him again for a few moments. he smelled like the earth, but somehow, that musky scent that she'd known from before was buried underneath that.

at the question of her ability, kendra swallowed hard. she pulled back slowly, taking a couple of steps back. "my ability...." she started, slowly taking off one of her gloves. "i have... toxins running through my veins." she explained, concentrating for a moment before holding up her hand - which was literally turning green. "if i don't have it under control, and i touch someone, i can poison them instantly."

she put her glove back on, taking a few deep breaths to calm her power back down. "i can also take them away." kendra replied, shrugging slightly. "i keep the gloves on for the most part as a precaution. it gets harder to control when i'm upset or angry." she bit down on her lip, looking down at her hands.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
elijah mitchell
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 11:04 AM
22 posts
TWENTY-EIGHT
GUARD
paradise
SINGLE

it was pretty clear that controlling these new abilities was no easy thing. but elijah's was strange, in that there really wasn't much to control - he just simply didn't need certain necessities anymore. that wasn't to say that he didn't want them. right now, his eyes felt heavy and tired from a lack of sleep, and he'd certainly lost a good ten pounds from hardly eating, but all other signs of fatigue were missing. his brain was active and his body was strong. it would only be a matter of time before his limits were pushed too far, but at least he could outlast the typical human.

then again, it didn't seem like any humans were typical anymore. his eyes widened in shock as kendra's hand changed color before his very eyes, the veins in her fingers pulsing green. "if you touch someone?" he repeated slowly, watching her as she carefully pulled her glove back down around her wrist. well, that explained the leather. but she'd certainly touched him plenty, "so you have to touch someone... with your hands?" he asked, taking a slow step forward. her ability seemed more like a curse, at least to elijah, who'd never hurt another living soul in his life. but that didn't mean he was about to turn away from the only person he felt comfortable and safe with here.

resting his own hands gently on each of her forearms, just above the line of the gloves, he slowly pulled her in to him again. she seemed to be afraid of her own power, and elijah couldn't exactly say he blamed her; he'd probably be the same way if he knew he could kill somebody at the drop of a hat. but at the same time, he trusted kendra -- she wouldn't do anything to harm him, not if she could help it.

PM
^
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 11:42 AM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

she had noticed that he seemed a bit different, physically. his cheeks were beginning to look a bit sunken in, bags underneath of his eyes. he looked... kind of horrible. she meant that in the best way she could, though. kendra couldn't help but feel worried over his well-being, although it was clear that he was changed from the apocalypse, too. she swallowed hard, hesitant to step back towards him after her little self-induced... episode. she was maybe a bit too cautious about her powers sometimes, but she just didn't want another person to die because of her.

kendra nodded slightly, biting her lip. "yeah... it seems that way." she murmured in response to his question about her hands. "so i wear these gloves. so i don't hurt anyone. i'm a medic, so.... that would be a bit counterproductive, i think." she joked, trying so hard to lighten the mood. she swallowed hard as he pulled her back in, looking down at his hands, placed right along the edge where her gloves stopped.

"i'm dangerous." she whispered, biting her lip. she pulled her arms away from him slowly, wringing her hands together nervously. she couldn't bear to think if she accidentally poisoned him like she had poisoned her best friend.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
elijah mitchell
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 12:01 PM
22 posts
TWENTY-EIGHT
GUARD
paradise
SINGLE

as horrible as eli looked, he didn't feel horrible. in fact, he felt better than he had in a long time, knowing that kendra was safe and with him. even if she wasn't exactly the same kendra he'd known back in reno. they'd all changed, in one way or another. but that didn't necessarily mean that the changes had to be bad, right?

but apparently, kendra wasn't adjusting very well to all of the changes: at least, not the ones in relation to her powers. she flinched away from him, and his brow furrowed in confusion. if she wore the gloves for protection, why was she still so afraid to touch him? clearly, if she was a medic, she had no problem touching other people -- was he making her upset? could she not control the toxins around him?

"kendra," he sighed softly, shaking his head as he reached out for her again. he knew her too well to let her revert inward like this. "listen to me. i trust you." he took another step closer to her, placing his hands on either one of her cheeks. "and you? do you trust me?"

PM
^
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 12:14 PM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

to say kendra wasn't adjusting as well was an understatement. there were sometimes she got so upset and frustrated that she had to let charlie or one of the other medics take over her duties for a few minutes while she calmed herself down. she was extra cautious about her powers, although she loved parts of it. she loved that if she concentrated enough, she could retract poison from someone by touching them. and well, immunity to all poisons and toxins was pretty handy, too.

her gaze moved up to meet his as he spoke her name and moved closer again, placing his hands on her cheeks and cupping her face gently. she swallowed hard, nodding. "of course i do." she whispered, her voice quivering every so slightly. she moved a hand up to place it over one of his, wrapping her fingers around it loosely. "i'm just... it gets harder to control when i'm emotional." she explained quietly, chewing on her lower lip again.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
elijah mitchell
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 08:01 PM
22 posts
TWENTY-EIGHT
GUARD
paradise
SINGLE

his eyes took in the rich, dark leather that were covering her hands, dainty little fingers hidden beneath cowhide. in a way, it was almost fitting: just another barrier between them, trying to keep them apart. but they always found a way back to one another somehow, didn't they? even though they'd explicitly stated that they were friends and nothing more, time and time again he'd wake up to her in his bed, his arm wrapped protectively over her frame. and then the virus hit and they'd been forced apart, but still somehow met up five hundred miles away from where they'd started. it was almost as if some cosmic force was asking them to be together.

but eli wasn't one to put much faith in fate, or luck, or destiny. all he knew was that he was alive, and she was alive, and that was enough reason for them to keep living, despite the wasteland this forsaken world had become. "it's okay," he told her softly, his voice a calming tone as he pressed his forehead lightly into hers. "i'm here now, and everything's gonna be fine." whether or not everything would actually be fine, eli didn't know, but that hardly seemed to matter in this moment. all that mattered was that they were in this mess together, and the rest was rust and stardust.

he let his chin fall and tilted his head slightly to the side so that his nose was hugging the curve of her nose as his mouth finally found hers; and boy, had he missed those lips.

PM
^
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 19 2015, 09:31 PM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

the mechanic and the art teacher. kendra had always loved strange nature of their relationship. sure, it was complicated, but what part of kendra's life wasn't complicated? she wasn't even who people thought she was. she had an entire life that nobody even knew about. the runaway. like with most people, she had tried to keep elijah at an arm's length but had never truly succeeded. there were so many mornings that she'd woken up tangled in his arms, and been happy about it.

she looked up at him as he pressed his forehead into hers, smiling softly and pressing back. "do you really believe that or are you just saying it to make me feel better?" she asked quietly, moving to take one of his hands in hers. how she wished she trusted herself enough to feel his skin against the palm of her hand. how she wished she trusted herself like he seemed to trust her so wholeheartedly. but that's what elijah had always been good for - trusting her and believing in her when she didn't.

the few moments before he pressed his lips to hers seemed to go into slow motion, and she savored every millisecond. she kissed back, moving her free hand up to cup one of his cheeks. she pulled back after a few moments, taking a deep breath. "i missed you. so much." she whispered.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
elijah mitchell
 Posted: Mar 20 2015, 02:20 PM
22 posts
TWENTY-EIGHT
GUARD
paradise
SINGLE

elijah had always been a trustworthy man. he didn't ever feel the need to beat around the bush when it came to telling people the truth, but he wasn't necessarily brash about his opinions. he had this way about him where he could tell you off in the nicest way possible, and you'd think he were doing you a favor. so when kendra asked for his honest opinion, he gave it. "well, i was hoping it'd make you feel better... did it work?" he asked her, enjoying the feel of the smooth, warm skin of her forehead against his.

and then his mouth was on hers, as though he were searching for something he'd lost. frantic, desperate, and a little messy, but beautiful all the same. a sigh escaped him as she pulled away, and his lips pursed together as he stared down into her eyes. she had missed him. which meant that she had thought about him, didn't it? in all honesty, he'd been too wrapped up in trying to figure out what the hell was going on to even consider what had happened to everyone else in reno. his heart ached with guilt as he realized that she hadn't even been a thought in his mind until he'd noticed the red glean of her hair just a few short minutes ago.

"come here," he responded, pulling his arms around her yet again, his fingers curling around the loose ends of her hair. he pressed a soft kiss into her forehead, eyes carefully darting around, scanning the scene to make sure they were still alone. the last thing he needed was to get bitten today -- or worse, for kendra to be bitten.

"where are you staying?" he finally asked, loosening her from his embrace. "i just joined this group of people, i think they're going to have me keep guard of their territory."

PM
^
KENDRA ROSSI
 Posted: Mar 21 2015, 11:16 AM
27 posts
twenty-seven
MEDIC
paradise
SINGLE

behind the safety of paradise's walls, kendra had had much too much time to herself to think. which meant contemplating how all of her friends were - and her family. were they all dead? had anyone survived? would she ever see anyone she knew from before again? she had cried herself to sleep so many times over those thoughts. not that that was really surprising - kendra was a bit of an emotional trainwreck sometimes.

she moved into him again easily, wrapping her arms around him tightly. she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. "you're safe. that's all that matters now." she mumbled, more to herself than to him. still trying to calm herself down from the tornado of emotions that were swirling around her head.

kendra looked back up at him as he spoke again, swallowing hard. "uhm. this place they call paradise. it's all... fortified and stuff. takes up a small part of vegas." she replied quietly, taking another deep breath. she rested her head down on his shoulder. "what group? where are they?" she asked, rubbing his back gently.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
PM
^
elijah mitchell
 Posted: Mar 23 2015, 02:28 PM
22 posts
TWENTY-EIGHT
GUARD
paradise
SINGLE

paradise seemed to be a fitting name for the place where eli and kendra had both coincidentally found their salvation. he felt his heart leap, clanging against his ribcage the moment that the word fell off her tongue. he sighed softly, as she continued to describe the place to him, her gloved hands sliding gently up and along the material of his worn and dirty shirt. maybe, since they were already out here, kendra could show him a good place to get new clothing. then again, he didn't have any money on him, and it just didn't seem right taking something that wasn't his. it was going to be very difficult for him to get used to this new world they were living in, it seemed.

as kendra questioned him on where he had found himself, he felt silly to realize that while he knew they were both finding refuge in the same place, kendra didn't have the same knowledge. "oh," he began, palms resting on the gentle curve of each of her hips, "it's this place called paradise. i hear it's all fortified and stuff," he teased, repeating her own phrasing, before his fingers gently lifted the end of her shirt and his hands made contact with her soft, smooth skin. he pulled her in closer to him with a goofy grin. "pretty amazing how we ended up in the same place, huh?"

if only he believed in fate... even eli had to admit that this was one hell of a coincidence.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION.